What are the different types of support available for children with SEND in our school?

The head teacher deploys the budget for SEN accordingly throughout school by the placement of teaching assistants, external support required and extra resources needed.


The class teachers and teaching assistants work closely in class to ensure all the needs of the children are being met, particularly the SEN children. Teaching assistants carry out targeted, planned work for IEPs on a 1:1 basis and feeds back regularly to the class teacher and pupil. All teaching assistants have specific training in the needs of the SEN child they are working with.


Work in class is differentiated and adapted as necessary as part of Quality First Teaching. This may include adjusting recording methods for the child, the location or placing of equipment and the use of extra support. The SENCO carries out observations in classes to ensure all needs are being met.


Any SEN children who require support during playtimes and lunchtimes are also provided for with extra care at these times.


 Additional support available for SEN

 For specific SEN needs, the school uses the services provided by IDSS including the use of specialist teachers in a variety of areas. For example, Physical development specialist, Autism Spectrum disorder specialist and hearing impaired specialist. We also have a Dyslexia specialist teacher available to school. There is regular support from the school nurse and speech and language therapists. All parents of SEN children will be made aware of any extra support provided.